Deadline to complete Step 1 of the application process: Wednesday 2nd February 2022 at 11.55am
Join us in this role and play your part in shaping and supporting new teams, as we develop the services we offer. Make a real difference every day as you manage a team of managers who support the delivery of vital social security benefits. You will be a lead in making sure we are delivering what we need to and planning ahead for change.
What does the job involve?
All Delivery Team Managers have line management responsibility for either a pool of Team Managers or Client Managers, with responsibility for managing a range of duties that ensure we are providing an excellent service to the people of Scotland.
● The line management, support and development of a pool of Team or Client Managers.
● As a Delivery Team Manager we will need you to support, motivate and develop colleagues. Through this you will develop a strong team environment where everyone plays their part.
● Supporting Operations Managers by deputising on their behalf when required.
● Co-ordinating the delivery of our services by using available management information to plan and organise necessary resources to meet fluctuating business demands.
● We do not work in our own bubbles. So you will need to build and maintain strong collaborative working relationships across the agency. This will help us all improve our processes, help our clients and deliver a consistent service.
● Using your experience to help make decisions in complex benefit cases.
● We need to be consistent and give accurate information to our clients. You will run regular quality assurance across the team so that we are always meeting standards and improving where we need to.
● You will make sure colleagues are investigating and handling complaints properly, in line with our processes. When needed you will be the escalation point to help sort out any issues.
● We will need you to look ahead to plan and organise your team and resources to meet fluctuating demands.
● As a team we are growing and changing all the time. So this job will not stand still. You will need to manage future changes to policy and processes with your team efficiently.
● As the benefits we administer develop we need to continuously improve the service we provide to the people of Scotland. You will play a big part on this every day in this job.
Successful candidates will be appointed to posts across the organisation that have similar duties and responsibilities. Posts will be offered in order of merit, in alignment with our resource requirements.
You are required to show how you meet the below Essential Criteria at the Application Form stage:
1. Tell us about your experience of managing and influencing teams to develop and reach their potential.
2. Data analysis is an important part of the role. Tell us about a time you had to accurately analyse complex information and evidence to reach a conclusion and provide recommendations.
3. The role will involve working in a fast-paced environment. Tell us about a time you had to work collaboratively and communicate effectively, whilst managing workloads in a fast-paced environment.
If invited to the interview stage, you will be tested on the following competencies from the Skills for Success matrix:
Communications and Engagement
More information on the application process can be found below.
We are also hosting Virtual Candidate Workshops to provide further information on the job role and how to make the best application.
If you are interested in attending a workshop, please book your place here.
Hear from one of our current employees about working here
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact us by phone on 0330 041 7478 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.