Deadline to complete Step 1 of the application process: Wednesday 10th August 2022 at 12 noon
As a Client Advisor, you will help people understand the benefits they’re entitled to and how to access them. You will speak to clients and offer support by phone, web chat or emails. By being a friendly and helpful voice, you will ensure people apply for the right benefits.
What does the job involve?
Every day will be different but one thing will always be the same - our clients will need you to help them apply for the benefits they need. You will have a varied workload with a mix of processing and client contact time.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- We need you to provide clients with accurate information in a warm and friendly way. This could be by telephone, face-to-face or online through web chat.
- You will work as part of a team to resolve or escalate customer queries and complaints.
- You will be processing client applications for the correct benefits, making sure their details are correct.
- It is important that you can quickly work out what each client needs and help them. Don’t worry – you will get full training for this.
- On the administrative side, you will be expected to maintain correct and up-to-date information on all cases.
- We need you to handle sensitive and personal information confidentially. This is really important for everyone – staff and clients.
- You will use computer systems to process payments, client requests, case updates and appointment bookings. Again, we will provide all the training for this.
- A big part of the job is to support Team Managers and other staff in carrying out daily work activities. We are a team and we need to support one another every day.
You are required to show how you meet the below Essential Criteria at the Application Form stage:
- In this role, it is vital to provide our clients with a warm and friendly service. Please use 300 words to tell us about a time when you had to go ‘above and beyond’ to provide excellent service or support to a person or customer.
- It’s important in this role that you can communicate clearly with our clients. Please use 300 words and tell us about a time when you have had to change your communication style to suit a particular person or audience, and how you did this?
If invited to the interview stage, you will be tested on the following competencies from the Skills for Success matrix:
- Self Awareness
- Team Work
- Customer Service
- Communications and Engagement
The majority of these roles will be based within our Client Services Delivery function, however there may be opportunities for similar roles within our other business areas. Posts will be offered in order of merit, in alignment with our resource requirements.
More information on the application process can be found below.
We are also hosting Virtual Candidate Workshops to provide further information on the job role and how to make the best application.
If you are interested in attending a workshop, please book your place here.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact us by phone on 0330 041 7478 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Flexible and Hybrid Working
We are trialling and implementing a hybrid working approach, where colleagues will be expected to use a mix of office based and remote working depending on the requirements of the role.
If you want to discuss flexible working and hybrid working in more detail for this role, please contact the Resourcing Team at email@example.com
We support Part time and Term Time working patterns requests. The mandatory training of up to 6 weeks is Full Time therefore successful candidates would be required to make themselves available for this period, prior to commencing agreed alternative working patterns.
If you want to discuss flexible working, hybrid working or the requirement for full time training please contact the Resourcing Team at Recruitment@socialsecurity.gov.scot
The majority of posts available through this campaign will be in the Client Service Delivery business area. Client Service Delivery currently has operational hours between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. At this time, hours are arranged on a rota basis in line with client demand. Successful appointments will be expected to be available to work within these operational hours.