Deadline to complete Step 1 of the application process: 12:00pm on 4 November 2021
As a Client Advisor, you will help people understand the benefits they’re entitled to and how to access them. You will speak to clients and offer support by phone, web chat or emails.
By being a friendly and helpful voice, you will ensure people apply for the right benefits.
What does the job involve?
Every day will be different but one thing will always be the same - our clients will need you to help them apply for the benefits they need. You will have a varied workload with a mix of processing and client contact time, so you will not be on the phone all day.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- We need you to provide clients with accurate information in a warm and friendly way. This could be by telephone, face-to-face or online through web chat.
- You will work as part of a team to resolve or escalate customer queries and complaints.
- You will be processing client applications for the correct benefits, making sure their details are correct.
- It is important that you can quickly work out what each client needs and help them. Don’t worry – you will get full training for this.
- On the administrative side, you will be expected to maintain correct and up-to-date information on all cases.
- We need you to handle sensitive and personal information confidentially. This is really important for everyone – staff and clients.
- You will use computer systems to process payments, client requests, case updates and appointment bookings. Again, we will provide all the training for this.
- A big part of the job is to support Team Managers and other staff in carrying out daily work activities. We are a team – and we need to support one another every day.
The majority of these roles will be based within our Client Services Delivery function, however there may be opportunities for similar roles within our other business areas. Posts will be offered in order of merit, in alignment with our resource requirements.
You are required to show how you meet the below Essential Criteria at the Application Form stage:
1. Occasionally, you will need to cope with challenging situations. Please tell us about a challenge you’ve faced (this can be in your personal or work life) and what you did to resolve it in a positive way.
2. You will need to talk to a wide range of people every day and it’s important that you can communicate clearly. Doing this means our clients get the information they need. Please tell us about a time when you had to adjust your communication style to suit a particular situation, and how you did it.
If invited to the interview stage, you will be tested on the following competencies from the Skills for Success matrix:
Communications and Engagement
More information on the application process can be found below.
We are also hosting Virtual Candidate Workshops to provide further information on the job role and how to make the best application.
If you are interested in attending a workshop, please book your place here.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact us by phone on 0330 041 7478 or by email at email@example.com.